Holistic, evidence-based childbirth curriculum:
Remote Childbirth Education
This comprehensive remote childbirth education curriculum can be used anywhere in the world!
Sacred Waves: Conscious + Remote Childbirth Education
Has Covid-19 turned your childbirth education program upside-down? It’s time to get online and start offering remote childbirth education for your clients!
The Sacred Waves Conscious Childbirth curriculum is a seven-session, holistic-minded course.
It offers a unique and beautiful solution to teaching quality content for your doula clients, even in the midst of a pandemic.
You’ll receive beautiful, hand-drawn art PDFs, seven core content videos, bonus audio files and printables –
Plus, you’ll get 5 additional videos that cover the practical how-tos of hip squeezes, counterpressure, and optimal positioning for pregnancy and labor.
Forget about stuffy powerpoints and awkward Zoom calls – Sacred Waves offers a refreshing change in remote childbirth education!
- Do your clients want to learn about labor and birthing from a sacred, interconnected perspective as well as a practical one?
- Is your style of childbirth education about connecting with your inner child and digging deep into belief work? Are you passionate about holistic childbirth, whether your clients are birthing at home or in hospital?
- Do you feel that birth is a sacred journey of courage and transition, and you’d like to guide your clients through the emotional challenges as well as the physical ones?
Video content, beautiful art printables and practical exercises let you truly RETHINK BIRTH
Confidently engage your students in online learning!
Our topics include…
- Informed consent and decision-making
- Clarifying beliefs about labor and birth
- The relationship between fear and pain
- All about labor and its many variations of normal
- Practical pain coping practices
- The final weeks of pregnancy and “waiting”
- The role of hormones in childbirth
- Birth plans and managing expectations
- Holistic help and comfort tools (acupuncture, massage, essential oils & more)
- Medical interventions & pain management options
- Labor induction – the evidence for & against it, and what to expect
- Cesarean birth (is birth!) – reducing one’s odds and healing afterward
- The first few hours after birth
- Healing of your body & emotions postpartum
- The “4th trimester” (mother/baby’s first 6 weeks)
- Postpartum doulas and their role in supporting new families
- Relationships and changes – navigating a new version of “normal”
The Sacred Waves curriculum recognizes that childbirth is not just a physical endeavor.
It must include aspects of education in mind, body, and spiritual awareness:
“What do you believe about birth? What do you want to know? Where are your fears and worries based?
We’ll talk about evidence-based care and how to ensure you’re getting it. Get clear on what normal labor looks like, and what you hope it will be like! Discuss pain medications and what to expect at a hospital, birthing center, and at home. Finally, we’ll practice pain coping techniques for labor.”
“Learn the wisdom of correct body positioning, massage techniques, comfort measures, and communication for labor. Discuss the way that pain begins in the mind, and how to stay on top of the sensations of labor as things pick up in intensity. We’ll practice breathing techniques, and we’ll discuss various labor scenarios. Discover how to use a birth ball and a rebozo as well.”
“How are you FEELING about all this? What can you do to ease your worries and calm your fears? Explore your mindset about birthing, and how your relationship will be affected. Also, we will cover the basics of postpartum: breastfeeding and bonding with your newborn, and how to get more sleep. Discover pain coping practices using the tools we’ve learned together.”